17th Annual Rookie Triathlon Goes Virtual
We know how hard all of our participants have trained for the Rookie Tri and we think your efforts still deserve some acknowledgment and praise. It’s time to finish what you started and show off your skills by completing the Free 2020 Virtual Rookie Triathlon. This event is open to the public so be sure to challenge your friends and family to join you!
Completing a virtual triathlon is great motivation to accomplish your fitness goals and commit to healthy living habits! And, besides feeling good about yourself, you will also receive a downloadable personalized bib, finisher certificate, and digital finisher medal. We are also giving away Under Armour socks to all finishers! (while supplies last).
Participants will complete the 300-meter swim (or 1-mile run), 11-mile bike, and 2-mile run using their watch or a smartphone app.
Registration is open for the Free 2020 Virtual Rookie Triathlon from April 8th through May 3rd. You can submit your results through May 7th. The official results page with finisher certificates will be updated on April 13th, April 27th, and May 8th.
Custom Bib, Finisher Certificate & Digital Finisher Medal!
How to Participate
With this virtual tri, you can do it all at once or can complete each segment of the triathlon on your own schedule. For example, you can do part of the swim on Monday, part of the run on Wednesday and part of the bike on Friday. You can do each part in a location and time that’s convenient for you. Even if you weren’t planning on joining us for Rookie Tri, now is the chance to put yourself to the test at the pace you’re comfortable with.
- Register for the event. Keeping with the theme of The Rookie there are divisions for each. The Rookie Division is for those new to the sport and Veterans are those who have completed 2 or more triathlons.
- Personalize & Download Your Bib.
- Document your journey with a before and after photo. Optional but totally encouraged!
- Swim (Run), Bike & Run! Complete the 300-meter swim, 11-mile bike, and 2-mile run. If you are unable to swim, make it a Duathlon of 1-mile run, 11-mile bike and 2-mile run.
- Keep track of your time with your watch or a smartphone app like MapMyFitness. Complete your distances indoors or outdoors during the time frame.
- Post your results before May 7, 2020, to the link in your confirmation email.
- Connect with us on Social! Tag your photos on Instagram & Twitter with #RookieTriVirtual