In order to make this a successful USAT sanctioned event, there are some rules that must be followed. Please help make the experience easy by being prepared and following these few simple rules:
- You must pick up your packet in person during pickup hours. No exceptions.
- You will be required to show a photo ID and proof of USAT membership. Those not having proof of USAT membership will be required to purchase a 1-day license. There will not be computers there to print your proof, but there is a phone app!
- USAT One Day memberships will be available for purchase on-site for $15
- Relay teams must come to the Expo together to pick up their packets and each team member must have a valid USAT license. The timing chip and bibs will not be released until all members have shown USAT membership & Valid ID.
- Youth athletes without an ID must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- The age group of a participant will be determined by age on Dec. 31 of the event year, not by age on race day. For example, if you turn 25 years old in November 2017, you will race as 25 for all of the 2017 season (January – December).
What’s in My Race Packet?
- Wristband – this must be worn to enter transition in the morning. Put it and your timing chip on at home so that you are ready to go upon arrival. Please do not litter, even the little tab from the wristband needs to find its way to a trash can in front of transition.
- Timing Chip – This is the long black, spongy item with a stickered edge to wrap around your ankle.
- Race Bib – You will wear this during the running portion of the race.
- Bike Stickers – One for the bike seat post and one for your bike helmet.
- Swim Cap – The color of the cap reflects your age group.
Your timing chip, race bib and bike stickers should all have the same race number. If they don’t match see a race representative asap
Want to make putting on your bib easier in transition? Skip pinning your number to your shirt and use a SPIbelt. Easy to clip on and very useful year round.
Want a different shirt size? Shirt Exchanges can only be made after the race at the information booth.
Aquabike Participants: Timing for your race ends once you enter T2 after your bike ride. Don’t forget your well-earned Finisher’s medal! To get it, feel free to run down the chute to collect your medal and water bottle.