The Rookie Triathlon Divisions
Determine which division is best for you:
- This division was created to support those who are just getting into the sport, the “true rookies” if you will. To participate in this division this event must be your first or second triathlon. Those signed up as Rookies will start the swim together based on age group categories. The swim will be a time trial start with 2 people entering the water approximately every 4 seconds.
- This division is for everyone who has done 2 or more triathlons. Do not worry you do not have to be competitive to participate in this division. Swim waves will be based upon age group categories. The swim will be a time trial start with 2 people entering the water approximately every 4 seconds.
- The open division exists for those wishing to go head to head regardless of age group. This keeps the age groups friendly and allows for some seriously fast times and course records. This is the only division with a mass swim start.
- You can also select to compete in the Athena/Clydesdale, separated according to body weight instead of age group. The categories are Athena (Female 165 + lbs) or Clydesdale (Male 220 + lbs). Athena/Clydesdale is an option for registration and not required.
- If you’re note quite ready to complete the swim, bike, and run all on your own you can make a team of 2 or 3 people and each member can take on one leg of the race. Great for friends, family, and team building with co workers.